There are probably other things that are going on in your mind like that also. So how do you get over the above problems and make sure that you do approach them.
- If you don't know what to say - just simply try something like this.
- Walk over and try and catch their attention on your way. If not simply say high with a big smile on your face, lift yourself up and be confident. I saw you from across the bar and just wanted to introduce myself to you - I hope that is okay. Ask them their name and where there from. Introduce yourself. You can then ask additional questions as the conversation flows
- What are you up to tonight - which bars or clubs are you heading to.
- What do you think of it here
- What do you do
- Where do you live
- Try and pop some jokes in there too ;-)
- Second don't listen to the voices in your head or not the negative one's anyway. They will only put you off if you let them. The art of confidence is controlling those voices in your head and making sure that you only listen to the positive one's.
- Whether they like you or not is something completely out of your control. If you don't try you will never know so it always better just to get off your bum and give it a try in the first place.
- Fear of rejection is normal. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you just that they are not the right person for you on this occasion. Keep trying after all we all live with rejection for lots of reasons. Like applying for a job, you might not get the first one but keep on trying and the right job will come along in the end.
You really do just have to keep trying. For some people this just comes naturally because they are either good looking or they have lots of talking points like - their dress sense, accent, tattoos, hair colour etc. For others it is easy because they are confident and just have a natural flair for talking to people.
The only way that you will learn however is if you keep trying and also make sure that you are constructively analysing yourself after each encounter. Soon enough you will have loads of experience, to know whether you are approaching people in the right way or not.